This event has now passed, join us at Australian Healthcare Week 2016 in Sydney on 15 - 17 March.
Health Facilities Design and Development Victoria
If you are embarking on a new healthcare facility development or planning to retrofit an existing building, one thing is certain, you will face a very complex set of challenges throughout the project lifecycle. Against a backdrop of fiscal constraint, population increase and an ageing population living longer with more complex conditions to name but a few, the demands on project delivery teams have never been greater to complete both on time and within budget.
Following the success of Health Facilities Design and Development Victoria will be returning to Melbourne this August. This year's event will feature more than 22 speakers charged with the delivery of some of Australia most complex and innovative health facility projects.
What's new in 2015?
HFDD Victoria will this year feature a Planning for Adaption/Retrofitting Healthcare Facilities Focus Day. Projects and learning areas covered will include:
- St John of God Burwood
- The Mater Hospital Sydney
- The Ulster Hospital in Belfast
- The London Cancer Clinic
- Business case development – retrofit or new build?
- Planning for adaption and flexibility in design
- Developing a communication strategy and engaging stakeholders and users – who and how?
- Strategies to overcome the challenge of working in a live healthcare environment
- Technology integration and the challenge of integration
- The adaption of the healthcare system to an ageing society
The main program focuses on new build projects and features new 13 speakers. Speakers and learning areas covered include:
- Lisa Norman, CEO, St John of God Berwick
- Digby Hall, Principal Sustainability Consultant, Umow Lai
- Steven Parish, Chief Information Officer, Executive Director Information & Infrastructure, Mater Health Services
- John Pitsonis, General Manager, Mater Hospital Sydney
- Tony Peggrem, Executive Director, Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service
- Michael Krieg, Chief Executive Officer, St John of God Ballarat Hospital
- Teena Pisarev, Chief Executive Officer, Icon Cancer Care
- Anne Marie Hadley, CIO, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse Cancer Centre
- The St John of God Berwick New Hospital Development
- Innovation in design – the delivery of specialist cancer care facilities
- Rethinking behavioural health centre design
- Gold Coast Hospital – developing a comprehensive operational preparedness plan
- The complexities of delivering a major redevelopment project in a land locked CBD environment
- What are the key trends shaping international healthcare design that Australia needs to take note of?